cheating snap fitness richmond hill

Issue not resolved
Aug 12, 2010
review #193722

they cheat people by giving wrong information and deny what they told us before. we were on pay as you go plan. We bought that only for three months and told them that we are not continuing after that and for that we were paying extra. But when we asked for cancellation they told us that you have not informed on time so we will deduct for next month also.

they showed the agreement and signature. In fact, all this things we discussed with the girl very first day and she was talking very sweetly before we sign the agreement and then she changed her tone and showed her true colors. They make people fool so Never ever trust this people. Never sign any contract or agreement and if you have to, then clear everything on paper and take their signatures.

b01382b
Had an experience with Snap Fitness?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
My story...

Oct 10, 2010

I bought a years membership and received 6 mos addition free. Great deal! So my wife and I went for a year and a half and then quit going because we knew our contract was soon up. I never heard from snap fitness. No correspondence at all. I checked my credit card monthly to make sure they werent billing me month to month. They weren't. I figured all was well and when I graduate anesthesia school I will rejoin when we can afford it. 4 months after our last visit I get a call from the club manager on my answering machine saying we were past due and we need to pay up or be sent to collections. This was so out of the blue. I asked her why they just didnt bill my credit card month to month and she couldn't answer. The fact is the owner of the club never told me I would have to cancel in writing and there is no way I was going to read all the fine print. It should be the club's responsibilty to inform the member of the important points in the contract that he/she is about to sign. I believe I am responsible for reading the contract but I also don't like the business practice of "here sign this" and you can get started, oh and by the way we wont contact you when your membership is up so we can let your bill accumulate for $$$$$$ in our pocket."
The issue is not who is responsible or to blame. The issue IS do I want to do business with a company that practices deception. In my case they backdated my cancellation and didnt charge me any further so I was satisfied with that. I
... Show more

REPLY: GET REAL PEOPLE below

Oct 06, 2010 Sha Tin, Hong Kong

Real people are all over this site....you are from Snap Fitness corporate on damage control attempting to diffuse and trivialize angry members and franchisees. We both know Peter Taunton, CEO has allowed this to occur in his company for years. Snap Fitness uses a third party billing company (Checkfree) to try and insulate them from all negative publicity. They consistently use this to their advantage to extract additional fees, dues and revenue from unsuspecting members. This was obvious while I was involved and one of the reasons why I am no longer. Between employee errors, lack of management oversight, corporate issues and the billing company involvement, it is almost guaranteed you will pay more than what you agreed to. This company has a weak business model and crappy customer service which requires them to chase every possible penny they can, even if it is not their's to collect just like in many of the situations posted here on pissedconsumer. Of course corporate will not take any responsibility for their franchisee's actions so instead they post rebuts whenever they can. Nice try PETER! (Scroll down to the post "SNAP FITNESS CHEATING...WHO" to read about the upstanding CEO of Snap fitness)

Get Real People

Oct 05, 2010

If people would take responsibilty for themselves then most of the posts on this site wouldn't exist. If a member does not read what he or she signs who is responsible? Also, SNAP may ask for 30 days notice but it sure beats the *** out of signing a 12 month agreement. What's not fair is blaming the owner for issues that really don't exist and it's one month's fees. It's not even worth a tank of gas or a dinner out. I think it's the owner that is getting screwed here and not the member.

SNAP FITNESS CHEATING...WHO?

Aug 29, 2010 Sha Tin, Hong Kong

Gee, wonder who in the company is promoting this type of business philosphy? PETER TAUNTON = Case # 24040055, Court File # K598001371, Disposition Date 3/18/1999, Minnesota Attorney General's Office St. Paul, Kaniyohi District Court, Theft-by Swindle-Artifice/Trick/Device or Other, Statute # 609.52.2.4., CONVICTED, Probation Sentence - 2 Years

Michael S.

Aug 28, 2010

I have worked at Goodlife, Extreme and Bally's in the past and it's customers like you Vmanju that really *** me off and here's why:

1. Before you sign anything read the agreement, it's in plain english (granted your english sucks from the way you type)
2. You state that they showed you the agreement and your signature on it so it's your fault for not reading the rules. There are such things as rules in this country you know.
3. Every gym whether it be the YMCA to the local community centre has stipulations for cancellations.

Everyday I deal with dimwits such as this guy that fails to read what they are signing and then they come back to *** and complain. Would you buy a car or house without reading through your contract? Exactly..

0 0 Reply
CLARITY FOR JACKO BELOW...

Aug 18, 2010 Sha Tin, Hong Kong

And just think, the owner of this Snap Fitness franchise below "graduated" from Snap University and may have been trained directly by Peter Taunton CEO, Bill Rodriguez SALES MANAGER, Gary Findley COO, Ali McElroy COUNSEL or even Daedra Kroells! Several Snap Fitness franchisees have performed this "charge extra as often as possible" strategy.
IT'S ALL ABOUT MAKING $$$. Customer service is thrown out the window! Consistency, training, experience, staffing, cleanliness, policies, resigning, etc. The owners of 24 hour club franchises got sucked into it and are learning the hard way about how challenging the fitness industry can be. As soon as they realize they cannot break even and will be subsidizing the business and see no end in sight, the real fun begins for the members! Corporates are making BANK while franchisees are wiping out. Recession proof? RIGHT! Profitable? RIGHT! Easy? RIGHT! Hear that? It's the circling sound around the drain. Won't be long now for many franchisees!
To learn more about Snap Fitness and their business practices, go to "Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness" at BlueMauMau.

jacoka12

Aug 17, 2010

Don't put all Snap owners in that category of ripoff. My sister owns two gyms and operates them like a business should be. In fact she goes well beyond what Snap Fitness requires. Her members understand from the start what the contract says before they sign it. It's a business after all and is supposed to make a profit. It's the wrong people who buy the franchise and then realize they have to actually work it. You don't have to beat everyone up about a few bad owners.

0 0 Reply
IT IS ABSLOLUTELY TRUE...

Aug 14, 2010 Sha Tin, Hong Kong

The person below posing as a Snap Fitness owner and probably from Checkfree educates readers on the process they supposedly follow. What they conveniently leave out is the inadequate training of Snap Fitness staff with this process, inept employees of Snap Fitness who often work part time only, owners who are subsidizing the club monthly and hanging on for their financial life and the horrible after sale service provided by both Snap Fitness and Checkfree which leads to the "charge extra as often as possible" scenario. Once they have you signed, sealed and delivered there will be no slack or wiggle room for compromise. Lost your job, death in the family, moved or catastrophic illness? They don't want to hear about it. All they want is your money! Right Peter?

Snap Owner

Aug 14, 2010

This is absolutely not true. You spew nothing but lies and propaganda. Batches for check drafts are submitted well before they actually execute. This is why there is a 30 day notice of cancellation. This gives the owner time to change it for the next batch report is submitted. These delays are completely out of the hands of us (the owner). It is a policy that is there for the delays that exist within the ACH (drafting) system. This is the case with any business model using ACH drafting as a means for collecting monthly revenue.

STANDARD SOP...SNAP STYLE

Aug 13, 2010 Sha Tin, Hong Kong

All Snap Fitness franchisees "graduate" from Snap University and could have been trained directly by Peter Taunton CEO, Bill Rodriguez, Gary Findley and maybe even Ali McElroy, their attorney! Several Snap Fitness franchisees have performed this "charge extra as often as possible" strategy. IT'S ALL ABOUT MAKING $$$. The owners of 24 hour club franchises got sucked into it and are learning the hard way about how weak the Snap Fitness business model is and how much corporate support they will not receive. They got screwed and now they are "paying it forward" to members. As soon as they realize they cannot break even and will be subsidizing the business and see no end in sight, the real fun begins for the members! Corporates are making BANK while franchisees are wiping out. Recession proof? RIGHT! Profitable? RIGHT! Easy? RIGHT! Hear that? It's the circling sound around the drain. Won't be long now for many other franchisees!

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.