I've been a member for over 1 year at Snap Fitness. Several months ago I responded to a survey. I reported that several times the bathrooms were out of toilet paper and towels. The wireless is horrible. During last winter, the floors were a mess. I received a really nasty note from the area manager stating that some customers you just can't satisfy. I'll admit the wireless is my personal peeve. But no toilet paper and towels over the weekend???
And then the TV in the rear of the facility where all the free weights are located was recently disconnected. Apparently someone complained that the guys were watching sports and another member wanted to use the TV for a DVD. To satisfy that member, all the other members were punished by removing the cable connection. Since the disconnect, I have never observed anyone using that TV and I visit the center nearly every day. I actually never saw anyone other than members watching live TV in the 14+ months I used the gym.
I just resigned. According to the policy, 30 days notice was required prior to the 25th of the month. I complied but was told I would be responsible for Jan too. Apparently the policy is 30 days prior to the 25th - which is really 65+ days.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Dirty machines and bathrooms
- Non working tvs
- Arrogant district manager
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- no billing for January or credit for unused portion of membership
- Product or service
- Gym Maintenance
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am a lifetime fitness member for little over 7 years now. They have been great for the first couple years and I started to hate that place. Only reason..."
- "If you are a member, or are considering becoming a member at LA Fitness, reconsider, especially in Gresham, Oregon. For the past several months, complaints have been made and..."
- "I posted the following review on Yelp - http://www.yelp.com/biz/anytime-fitness-alpharetta?hrid=2_4K_qenr1WTPQqRwcUk6A and was subsequently banned from their facility. Prior to leaving this review, I addressed my issue with CarolAnn Fitzpatrick (co-owner) over 2 months..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I renewed plan from Verizon in July keeping the plan the same including what i was being charged. Offered "free upgrade" to 100/100 internet. Told the bill would be the..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."