1.7K views

Lower Cost alternative? I don't think so!

We went into the local Snap Fitness to sign up after checking a couple of other local Fitness Centers out. The sheet we were given stated that the month to month fee was 59.95, a 12 month commitment fee was 49.95 and a 12 month pre-pay was 39.95 with 6 months free. When we started filling out the paperwork to join, we were told that the 12 month pre-pay was based off of the month to month fee of 59.95 or 719.40 and that we would realize an effective monthly fee of 39.95 by dividing the 719.40 by 18 (12 months plus the free 6 months). No where on the sheet we had been given stated this and both of the other Fitness Centers were in the 400-500 dollar range but were not open 24x7. This was for a joint membership. When I did the math to compare apples to apples on the most expensive alternate facility, there was only a 30 dollar savings to join a facility that has minimal staff (if any) during the evenings or early morning hours when we would be working out. Not my idea of a lower cost Fitness Center alternative.

Review about: Snap Fitness Facility.

Had an Experience with Snap Fitness?

Comments

Snap Fitness CEO Peter Taunton has embellished for years with the "no contract" membership and "lower dues" than the big box clubs. Even the Snap Fitness franchisees bought into this when they purchased their licenses and soon are disappointed when a Planet Fitness or Golds Gym moves in with lower prices, in some cases $10 month, no contract and no initiation fees! BUYER BEWARE!