Snap Fitness - Overcharged me hundreds of dollars for them not being able to process a payment.
I am currently a college student, so I don't live at home, and can only make it home every few months, so when I was checking my bank statements from the last few months I finally got from home I was shocked to see I had been charged WAY more than I had agreed to.I talked to the owner, and he told me what was happening was that they were attempting to charge my card, it was being denied, they would add $20, then a few days later they would try again, $20 more dollars, then repeat, until it would "randomly" go through.
The owner said I likely had insufficient funds, but I knew that not to be the case, plus I have overdraft protection. So I called my bank/VISA and asked them about it, and they told me with 100% certainty that they had not denied ANY transactions for the previous months, and that the only "transaction approval requests" they had received from SnapFitness were the ones appearing on my statement as paid. After I got ahold of the owner again he told me he would send me the transaction denied statements via email in a few minutes, and I asked him to throw in a copy of the contract I had signed as well. He agreed, but it's the next day and I have received NOTHING from them.
Beware, they will overcharge you, play dumb about it, and when you call them out they will offer proof and not send it.Trying to decide if dealing with these people in small claims court is worth the hassle.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Gym Membership
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have notified management several times as well as notifying the Corporate Office of the abhorrent conditions. The facility is poorly maintained and has since declined since its takeover..."
- "Snap Fitness German Village Columbus Ohio. I have had more trouble then a little bit with poor customer service and access cards. As a gym that claims to give you..."
- "My husband and I joined Gold's Gym in Kennewick, WA about the beginning of 2010. We were paying about $60 per month until my husband had to go to Colorado..."
- "I have ordered dresses from here for the last 2 years for my 5 year old daughter. We've gotten a dress for every holiday. Easter, 4th of July, St...."
- "Signed up for completely unlimited Internet service and exede /via sat is saying they don't have unlimited service. I have a hand written contract from the sales rep /instalation tec...."
- "Do not purchase anything from person below! I purchased 3D glasses for my son and this seller refunded my money and did not explain why. I believe seller was upset..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."
- "I'm a 64 year old male, fit and healthy, with no history of allergies. I purchased a standard size Mypillow and received it mid October, 2016. It worked as advertised..."
- "I bought a dress worth £99 plus £21 for the delivery, it was never delivered and they just want to refund me 40 % of the dress value, when I..."