327 13th St S, Delano, MN 55328, USA

Just received the following email: Hello, This notification is to remind you that you will be billed the Snap Fitness Club Enhancement Fee this April.The fee amount is stated below and goes toward club improvements.

If you have questions, please contact your club. One-time annual fee amount: $20.00 WHAT?? I've never heard of an 'enhancement fee' assessed to people who don't have an ownership share in the entity assessing them. Private business owners (restaurants, grocery stores, beauty salons, fitness centers, etc.) don't include surcharges on their customer's bills for maintaining and future improvements to their businesses.

The owner pays these costs --- and then decide if they need to increase their prices as a result of these costs. Then the customer decides if they want to pay the higher price or not.

Apparently, keeping the monthly membership fees artificially low so they can attract new members, knowing they can make up any shortfall through the sneaky (and likely unadvertised) annual 'enhancement fee' is more important than conducting their business with integrity and transparency.Pathetic!

Review about: Snap Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Snap Fitness?

Comments

They told me the contract that I had back in 2014 did not have this annual enchantment fee and that they sent several emails prior to charging this fee but i never got it (they sent it to the wrong email).Are they allowed to do this?

Contract is a contract, they have to honor it, right?

What can I do?What can I say?

Los Angeles, California, United States #1314233

I think it's *** I got charged 35 and it's not in my contract and why the *** we pay every month isn't for the club enhancement

Eugene, Oregon, United States #1312555

Same thing happened to me this morning, I called and am awaiting a call from the Manager. I will definitely be disputing this, I was never notified of this charge and was never sent anything in regard to being charge this "enhancement fee"

Fox Lake, Illinois, United States #1312453

I just got hit with the same fee and the gym owner said it is through corporate nation wide.They said they sent out email but I never got one.

My fee was $30 though, not $20... so are they charging different rates for different locations? I went through my contract and it does not state anywhere that they can charge more than the monthly fee.

If i dispute it with my Visa, will Snap cancel my membership?This is total *** and a LOUSY way for a business to conduct itself.

#1311951

Unless it is stated in the contract that you will be assessed an enhanced fee they can't charge it.If they do then dispute it with your bank, they will reverse the charge and fine snap the $35.

This illegal move is going to backfire on Snap.

You don't charge the consumer for the normal upkeep of running your business.This screams that snap is in trouble & doesn't know how to run a business.