1.1K views

we did work on his very nice home in chanhassen and we where not able to make his childrens 4 xboxs sinc up, ya u read it right 4 xboxes give me a break! we hired a company to come in and do it for us the assured us they could fix problem they where like a geek squad, however they where not successful, so we are out 200.00 dollars this guy has the nerve to stiff us for 200 dollars, just think what he could do to others im pretty much poor and just paid for this guys worthless kids habits

Comments

Thank you everyone for your honest posts! My husband and I were considering in opening a YogaFit (which is branches under Snap Fitness), obviously we decided not too....

pretty much after we read through the disclosers and all of the online posts/info. I am so sorry to hear about all this devastation towards you all.

I believe it... especially after reading through this horrible contract.

Wow, everyone here thinks they know so much about Peter. If anyone really did know him and the business they would know about the risks that are included in opening up a franchise.

A franchise is completely dependent on the owner; if it is not well kept, like any gym, it will fail. Peter is a good friend of mine and I can assure you he is not a crook and has never been convicted of "Theft by Swindle"?... You people talk loads of *** because you are jealous of the way the company has taken off.

The more successful you are, the bigger the target is on your back for peasants like you.

And for the record, he has one x-box, and his son installed it.

Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States #584344

We also did work on Peters home...the exterior. Peter, the architect and the builder were delightful to work for and we were paid every last penny.

Peter Taunton Is A Flat Out Douche Bag!!

to Peter Taunton #737019

Prove it *** face. Jealous of him?

Yes he is...

Sha Tin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #197519

Thank you Peter for the "Christian chastising" of a person who feels totally ripped off. I'm sure you sleep well at night knowing you have ripped off so many franchisees with this loser business model, but it's all legal, right?

I know, you check everyday with Ali to make sure you won't be convicted again (scroll down to "this should help" post below to read) of any wrongdoing. No, this time you have covered your bases and can bend people over legitimately without recourse. You have learned to bind them with a restricted contract that heavily favors Snap Fitness corporate and leaves franchisees to fend for themselves when reality sets in. (financial catastrophe for those uninformed) Your incredible charity reveals itself when these franchisees are failing and near bankruptcy and you and your gang swoop in and take advantage of every opportunity to continue to fill your coffers as the franchisee languishes in financial devastation.

Just once, put yourself in the shoes of one of your franchisees who has labored, invested, sweat and loyally circled the drain to continue to pay exorbitant franchise fees and support your lavish lifestyle. You my friend are a piece of work!

#197221

Gary, would you pay for work that is not completed? How can you blame everything on something/someone else?

I suppose it is easier to sling mud onto others instead of being accountable though. Keep up the good fight.

I have seen the internal billing system and can tell you its scary. I think one good audit would be all it would take to shut them down.

to someone who knows... Allenport, Pennsylvania, United States #658646

I sure wish they would do an audit of every gyms billing history. The system that they use, Check free is so bad and they at coorprate know it.

Its been 3 plus years that said they replace that system and still have nothing. Its a joke of franchise, I've been involved in both ANYTIME & SNAP and hands down Anytime is a better run company.

I hope that Peter gets what he deserves someday because he truly is a crook, he gets people to buy into lies and should be ashamed of himself.

to Anonymous #737022

Crooks dont start and run a 300 million dollar company, they attempt and fail. Peter has succeeded and is in the process of liquidation.

Anyone who is on this website does not know *** about the company and how it is run.

Everyone here is just a bunch of lazy ex-franchise z's that didn't know how to run a successful club. (Dumb ***)

to Anonymous #1479275

Its nice that Peter himself likes to defend his immoral acts

to Anonymous #1535053

I believe what your saying because I went through the beginning stages of opening this franchise. I’m so sorry for everything you’ve been through. Thank you so much for sharing.

to someone who knows... #737020

hahaha, yes because the business has made it thus far and has never been reviewed for such accusations. Multiple times a year the whole system is reviewed and cleared by professionals. You don't know anything.

Peter Taunton CEO, are you listening? Convenient only when staffed, key card software working and ownership and management actually care about members.

24 Hour Clubs have issues with consistency, training, experience, staffing, cleanliness, policies, resigning, etc. IT'S ALL ABOUT MAKING $$$. The owners of 24 hour club franchises got sucked into it and are learning the hard way about how challenging the fitness industry can be. The franchisees got screwed and now they are "paying it forward" to club members.

Corporates are making BANK while franchisees are wiping out. Recession proof? RIGHT! Profitable?

RIGHT! Easy? RIGHT! Hear that?

It's the circling sound around the drain. Won't be long now for many franchisees!

Go to Bluemaumau and look up "Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness" and read what is happening to the 24 hour clubs in regards to staffing, tanning and CPR/AED requirements. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face!

Scroll down to see Peter Taunton's conviction for theft.

I didnt promise them anything genious the softwear company did, and this jack *** wouldnt allow them to complete their work on the second day because it just didnt fit his timeline, instead he chose to hire yet another company to return later in the week. So his impatience cost him even more money in the long run, and it does matter when u see 4 kids with their 4 plasma tvs and they sit there alllllll day long and just play games I saw that for a week made me sick. Im kinda glad they didnt get to play online!

Sha Tin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #167812

PETER TAUNTON = Case # 24040055, Court File # K598001371, Disposition Date 3/18/1999, Minnesota Attorney General's Office St. Paul, Kaniyohi District Court, Theft-by Swindle-Artifice/Trick/Device or Other, Statute # 609.52.2.4., CONVICTED, Probation Sentence - 2 Years

Who cares how many Xboxes someone has. I has 2, I also have a PS3.

Does that matter. How is it that someone is a crook when you hired a company that didn't fulfill what they said they were going to do. How about this next time, pay for the services AFTER the subcontractor finishes the services.

It would have saved you $200. Simple business.

I won't say his name (initials, M.S.), but the owner of the Chanhassen Snap is also an employee at Snap Corporate. He also is an IT guy and runs the web site.

Couldn't he figure out the problem? I guess that he's just a product of the Corporate culture.

Sha Tin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #166687

This is common knowledge within Snap Fitness franchisees and throughout the fitness industry. $200?

Count yourself lucky. How about buying an unsustainable franchise for $250,000? It's great that Peter Taunton is consistent, but this kind of consistency will eventually catch up to him and his franchise. Check this link for a haggard and uninspired marketing video starring the one and only.

www.snapfitness.com/PopOver/345

This "self proclaimed Christian" has caused more heartache, bankruptcy, depression, disappointment and financial failures than he will ever acknowledge.

His arrogance and narcissistic behavior will be his undoing. Snap Fitness clubs are closing and failing at a high rate and the house of cards is tumbling down.