2.5K views

Snap fitness has a cancel policy that screws every member 1 additional month of fee's after you quit. You are billed for the current month on the first of every month.

If you were to cancel on say the 5th of that month - they charge you for the entire next month. This is deceptive billing practices. The State Consumer Protection Agency needs to step up and stop this. Snap Fitness is a consumer rip off.

DO NOT JOIN THIS FITNESS CLUB. There is no way I would ever recommend this to any friend or family member.

They basically get every single person for 1 extra month as they quit. Snap Fitness sucks.

Review about: Snap Fitness Membership.

Comments

Yep. Just found that out as I called to cancel my account after this month.

Now I have to pay for a whole month that I wont even be near a SNAP fitness. What a ripoff.

Yes u are right I just cancelled yesterday, and that's the 2nd of the month and I get charge a day later for another month that's wrong and the gym has no extra features for 43 bucks other than having the gym open 24 hours who the *** cares about that. Please rethink before you join!!

I was a member at snap for a long time. And it was Awesome.

The cancel makes sense, they don't charge you for months you can't use. You get to use the gym till the last day you paid and they tell you this when you start.

Many gyms have that same policy. Read before you sign!

Their policies should be on the contract. There is nothing wrong with billing you for the entire next month when you quit if they require a notice before the charge is scheduled. If you knew you'd be billed on the 1st, why didn't you quit before the 1st?

Joke of a company that charges u after u cancel your account. :sigh

arlalee

my key card often doesn't work. it is random in that will work for weeks and then won't work.

there have been weeks where the manager told me she's had to stay there most of the day to let everyone in because no one's card works. I have to pay, but when I can't get in, the owner isn't available and doubt that he cares. I am told the door is the problem. why does it work sometimes and not others?

it is the same door? why was I told it's not Snap's or the owners problem? the place needs to close if members can't access.

24 hr access, yeh right. more like 24 hr non access!

Snap Fitness is a complete scam. Why should a business require a 30 day notice prior to termination?

It is NOT a lease agreement for a house. I specifically told them I wanted month-to-month, and they disregarded me. I quit this terible facility with pleasure.

Furthermore, the owners and trainers are the *** of the Earth. I will do whatever I can to warn people about the b/s and filth of this company!

There is a stream of lies in this blog that the consumer should be aware of. Snap does not accept verbal (phoned in) terminations.

Several of the blogs posted indicated that they called in to cancel. I suspect this blog is being used by another Fitness Center to Bash SNAP Fitness.

to not your average *** Waterloo, Nebraska, United States #1312183

No. It's not other fitness centers bashing Snap.

It's pissed of customers, like myself, going through this nightmare of a cancellation process Snap implemented to steal from people.

You are obviously a Snap drone. Everyone else on here has a story consistent with what I am experiencing now.

If you sign and initial an agreement and then told verbally that 30 days notice is required for termination...how is SNAP the doing something wrong? Many clubs ding you for annual fees and other hidden charges that are not present at SNAP.

A fitness center that depends on monthly memberships for revenue needs 30 days to replace the terminated member. It's actually a fair policy.

CORPORATE SHILL ALERT! Snap Fitness corporate employees (most likely execs) are taking turns slumming the complaint sites posting their fantastic customer service rhetoric.

They need to spend more time on their failing franchisees, horrible customer service, pathetic billing processes and loser business model.

Samantha B., nice try! Walk down the hall and let Peter Taunton, CEO of Snap know you posted this and you are guaranteed Employee of the Month.

Yeah it's extreme simple. Ive worked at snap for 2 years and I enjoy the fitness industry field.

As being a manager there have been several cases of people stating they "cancelled" or even better, " I haven't been to the gym in months. Why are you still billing me?". The answer is simple- snap is all about being convenient. With that we offer month-to-month memberships.

Not a "only months you attend the gym membership". Just like a magazine subscription, or rent payment do you honestly think that you can just pack up and move out without any notice? No. The contract cancellation policy reads: I have the right to cancel....

To terminate yourembership you must provide notice by the first of the month to end your membership at the end of that month. If you provide notice after the 1st then you pay one more month. Simple. I hate reading these reviews because people bash snap fitness as a whole.

While the real issue is the owner/management not training their staff on correct operations. Every snap is relatively the same, we are however OWNED AND MANAGED by different individuals. With that being said if you had a negative experience at a particular snap fitness then yes I agree with you and that particulary club should be blamed.

I do apologize for your experience because I love snap fitness and I believe in it, and I hate seeing others have a bad experience. To close if one particulary snap isnt functioning properly there is a higher source to seek to handle that issue.

Snap Fitness Manager- Louisiana

Don't sign a contract and then whine when you are held to the specific terms that you LEGALLY COMMITTED TO WHEN YOU SIGNED!

With this type of customer support. you will not be in business very long.

Evidently you don't understand that customers are the reason you are in existence. I was looking into joining snap fitness but since I read these problems of still charging you one month after you gave them notice it Bull.

I understand that is the "policy" but company that have this kind of "policy" do not care about you the customer they just care about the almighty buck. I expect this company will be out of business if they continue to treat their customers like this.

#197629

Ive been dealing with the same problem. I called and cancelled my membership and was told it was all taken care of and i got billed twice and now i am being told that I wont get any refunds back on the two months I was charged for after I was told my membership was cancelled.

I got told my the store manager I should have read the contract more carefully!!! What kind of customer service is this????

Sha Tin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #188158

Hey Don, Please share with readers why you sold. How long were you owner and how much money did you make (lose) each month?

We don't really care about these piddly little billing issues, they are insignificant in the scheme (scam) of a franchiser who squeezes franchisees to the point of subsidizing and bankruptcy. This is where the billing issues begin to "cloud" the owner's heads. They got screwed and are now paying it forward to their members. You sold so obviously it was not the "cash cow" represented by corporate.

Please do not come back after selling out to defend each individual owner's business acumen.

Snap Fitness corporate takes their money, trains and educates them, supports them and is supposed to hold them accountable to the "corporate policies".

Of course Corporate (HQ) is to blame if franchisees go rogue, break company policies, break laws, bill improperly or perform any other duties contrary to policy.

I use my real name, and state up front that possess franchise rights, and sold my existing one to my manager, who wanted it even before I hired him. While there might be some owners or managers who have failed to properly address individual complaints, I will state that I worked to make certain that NO ONE felt they were wronged---and often paid people directly any accidental overcharges that resulted.

Often, these are computer errors, meaning inexperienced people using the system. Snap is a month-to-month (unless you pre-pay for a discount), unlike some other chains that require one year (or more) contracts to get the advertised rate. Part of the problem is understanding the billing cycle, which locks in accounts at the end of the month, a few days prior to the first. Unspoken are the reverse "screw jobs", where customers fail to tell owners/managers they quit, but simply complain to banks or credit cards, which would reverse charges mid-month, automatically removing money from the business accounts.

Try paying bills when suddenly a couple hundred dollars disappear AFTER you send out the checks. I kept one account for all automatic transactions PLUS a separate one for check-writing, just to prevent overdrafts. Don't trash HQ for franchisee faults! When you go in, IN PERSON, to cancel, ask to watch them change it in the system, This worked for me.

Sorry some people had problems. Life is like that.

My husband has been trying to cancel his membership for 6 months now, he keeps going in and telling them to terminate his membership and they keep billing us and then saying "sorry we already billed you this cycle, it will stop next month".

Sorry Mary, that is not how it works. If you give your notice June 1 you will still be billed on July 1.

You can work out all of July but you will still be paying for it. August would be the first month you don't have to pay

Sha Tin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong #182154

To Mary Thomas aka. Gary Findley, It's pretty clear you are from Snap Fitness corporate or own a Snap Fitness yourself based on this feedback.

If you are happy with the arrangement, fine, but others have been "screwed" out of funds and their opinions are valuable as well.

If these club employees would spend as much time on servicing existing members and communicating the nuances of the membership when they join, these websites would not exist. Go back to your corporate office and invest your time and energy in something that will bring results.